Welcome to the Owls
2nd July 2020
English and maths tasks have now been uploaded for Week 12. In addition, new tasks are being set on Purple Mash each week which vary from typing skills, coding activities and project work so please ensure your child logs in and completes them.
Please see the files below for the Maya Explorers and Discovery activities along with the presentation slides. Please choose only one of Frederick Catherwood's photos to study and recreate, and send your completed Historical Picture Study to me by Thursday 2nd July.
A one-of PSHE lesson was emailed to everyone with details on how to complete it. Please send your messages of hope and Black Lives Matter story, poem and/or artwork to me before Friday 3rd July.
TT Rockstars Weekly Battle Info:
Radcliffe 7,006 beat Buchanan 2,485
1st MPV: Lucas and Nerea = 10 house tokens each
2nd MPV: Luca and Craufurd = 8 house tokens each
3rd MPV: Artur and Ellie = 5 house tokens each
Bunyan 4,049 beat Miller 3,765
1st MPV: Sophia and Olivia = 10 house tokens each
2nd MPV: Maya and Zac = 8 house tokens each
3rd MPV: Logan and Jaida = 5 house tokens each
A huge congratulations to Zac who not only last week correctly spelled 103 of the 108 Y3/4 Statutory Spellings but also for achieving his 144 badge in 3 minutes and 39 seconds!
Check out Craufurd's amazing 'Meet the Maya' Lego inspired stop-go animation on YouTube by clicking here; you will not be disappointed! Sadly, Ellie's presentation exceeds the file limit size but nonetheless she deserves to be credited for her hard work. Also, Sophia and Lucas have shared their presentations which can be viewed in the files below. Well done all of you!
Click here for the Owls' photo gallery.
Optional activities your child may like to do:
The National Literacy Trust have set a Reading Miles Global Challenge which includes free resources to support its completion which includes: a world map, passport and certificate. Click here for more details on how to take part.
If you need some help with your maths this site provides online tutorials with their tasks which are really useful: White Rose Maths Hub.
The Education Quizzes website is full of age-appropriate quizzes to test your knowledge across all areas of the curriculum. Click here to access them.
Click here for a link to the NSPCC giving advice on how to talk to your children about e-safety, and for other useful links.
Click here for a link to some reading comprehension packs from The Literacy Shed. Please choose from a stage (year group) most suited to your child. If you are unsure what stage is most appropriate please email me.
Use the Home Learning School website to access videos, activities and links to other websites to further support your home learning: https://www.homelearningschool.co.uk/.
Please find below a number of files for work that can be completed whilst the school is closed.
- Project tasks for our 'Under the Canopy' topic about the Rainforest.
- Daily English and Maths activities are uploaded each week.
- PSHE/History - Diary Project. Click on the file below for more details on writing a diary about your experiences during these unusual times.
- Optional art project which you may enjoy as I know many of you are very talented artists!
- Children should continue reading daily (and aloud to an adult, whatever their reading ability, as often as possible).
- 144 Club resources are attached so that children can continue to practise these weekly (choose the grid for you).
- Times Tables Rock Stars should be completed daily in short bursts (3-5 minutes); I will continue to set battles each week.
- The Year 3/4 Statutory Spellings should be learned in small blocks (max 10 words) each week.
- To keep up to speed with your French, Madame Gregori is setting weekly tasks. Click here to find them: MFL Tasks
Further work will be added as it becomes available so please continue to check the website regularly.
For SEND issues please contact Mrs Wildman