Welcome to the Swans
Here is a link from the NSPCC giving advice on how to talk to your children about esafety and some useful links. https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/talking-child-online-safety
We are the Year 5 class team:
Mrs Leach – Class Teacher
Miss Smith – Learning Support Assistant
Mrs Rushton – Learning Support Assistant
For SEND contact Mrs Wildman
Week Beginning: 29.06.2020
- There are some excellent video and lessons on The Oak National Academy. For each day there are English and Maths lessons, plus some Foundations subjects. Click here to access the Year 5 site.
- For the Year 5 daily work on BBC Bitesize please click here.
- If you need some help with your maths work, visit the White Rose site. There is a lesson a day, each with a really good video tutorial and follow up work.
- David Walliams is releasing an audio book daily. If you have the text be sure to read along with him. Click here for today's story.
- To keep up to speed with your French, Madame Gregori is setting weekly tasks. Click here to find them: MFL Tasks
- I know lots of you really enjoy drawing and 'doodling'. Click here to see 'draw-along videos' posted by author and illustrator Rob Biddulph.
- For some fun supplementary maths you could visit Carol Vorderman's The Maths Factor.
Please use this link to take you to the Swans Curricular Information page.
Click here for the Discovering Iron in the Iron Age video for history work.
Click here for a second video about making iron from iron ore.
**Click here for a fantastic radio programme about the Stone Age presented by Greg Jenner from Horrible Histories**
Click here for the maths video on Celtic art.