Special Educational Needs
Sharnbrook Primary is supported by Bedford Borough to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school.
We aim to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities being met in our mainstream setting wherever possible.
Our Intent: For all pupils and staff to have an ‘I can do attitude,’ showing confidence, motivation and resilience in order to reach their full potential. For everyone to show acceptance, respect and tolerance to one another. Helping each other to access and enjoy all aspects of life, within the school, the local community and the wider world.
Please see folders for The SEND Information Report July 2022
- SEND Policy 2022 (click here to view)
- Social, Emotional & Wellbeing Resources (click here to view)
- Sharnbrook Primary Local Offer (click here to view)
- Bedford Borough Council Local Offer Directory (click here to view)
- Bedford Local Offer Poster (click here to view)
- Young Persons Guide to the Children & Families Act 2014 (click here to view)
- SEND Graduated Response (click here to view)
- Bedford Borough Council's SEND Support & Provision Guidance (click here to view)
- Makaton Signing Programme - Year 1 (click here to view)
If you would like more information please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Bedford Borough SEND 'Virtual Team'
The Bedford Borough Send 'Virtual Team' means children and young people with SEND, parent carers and anyone who works with children and young people with SEND. We all need to work together to ensure children & young people achieve "the best possible educational and other outcomes". The Virtual Team issue newsletters on a regular basis.
Information for Parents/Carers
- Bedford Borough Parent Carer's Forum - Upcoming events
- Bedfordshire Community Health Services - Children's Occupational Therapy Service
- National Sleep Helpline - https://thesleepcharity.org.uk/national-sleep-helpline/